Welcome to ICES Youth!
To support the creation of a new generation of conscious and engaged global health leaders and activists for surgery, we are proud to announce the formation of the International Collaboration for Essential Surgery Youth Group (ICES Youth).
Open to anyone interested, the group will aim to support meaningful youth involvement in Global Surgery worldwide through providing a hub for information, updates and opportunities for students and trainees interested in the provision of surgical care in underserved areas of the world.
To achieve this, we will work to:
- Keep this website updated and interactive
- Advocate for surgery for all
- Collaborate with an array of organizations sharing our goals of providing equitable access to quality care around the globe
- Provide a truly global network of youths sharing the same vision
In the long term, we hope to:
- Support research and implementation initiatives for students and trainees
- Coordinate and support implementation projects